St. Peter’s Early Childhood Development Center (ECDC) offers developmentally appropriate classes for children ages 15 months through 5 years. The ECDC is licensed by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services and accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
Our program is play based, and classes have low child-to- teacher ratios. Our teachers are dedicated to teaching children in a loving and nurturing environment. Teachers receive annual training to keep current on all aspects of early childhood education.
Our program offers:
- Daily schedules that provide a balance of individual/group activities, active/quiet play, large/small muscle activities, and indoor/outdoor experiences.
- A balance of child-directed and teacher-directed hands-on activities that allow for children to learn by doing.
- Age-appropriate learning centers for art, writing, books, dramatic play/home center, blocks, science, sensory, and manipulative activities.
- Age-appropriate circle time with opportunities for stories, songs, fingerplays, morning message, calendar, and show and tell.
- Music class for all ages.
- Motor skills class for children 22 months and older.
- Spanish class for 4- and 5-year- olds.
- Chapel once a week for 3-, 4- and 5-year- olds.
Our program runs from September through May and follows the Katy ISD school calendar for holidays and bad weather days.
We believe children are a gift from God: special, unique persons valued for their own worth, who are growing and learning at their own pace as they actively relate to our world through play—a child’s work. The ECDC is an outreach ministry of St. Peter’s United Methodist Church.
The ECDC uses The Creative Curriculum, a comprehensive, research-based curriculum that helps teachers implement developmentally appropriate practice to guide learning in literacy, math, science, social studies, and the arts, while also supporting children's social/emotional, cognitive, language, and physical development.
Our program is currently full for the 2017-2018 school year. We have a wait list for all ages and classes. If you wish to place your child on the wait list, please contact the ECDC office and provide your child’s name, date of birth, your name, telephone number, and an e-mail address where we may reach you should an opening occur.
Registration for the 2018-2019 school year will begin January 8 - 19, 2018. You may come by our office and fill out a Registration Form on those days. Our office hours are 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
We will offer tours of the school on January 11, 12, and 16 at:
· 9:45 am --- for the 15 - 35 month-old classes
· 10:45 am --- for the 3 - 5 year-old classes
Our class placement is done by a combination point system and draw, after all registration forms have been returned. Therefore, it doesn’t matter when you turn in your form, as long as we have it by 2:30 p.m. on January 19th.
There is no registration fee until your child has been placed in a class. Class lists will be posted in late January, in the lobby by our office. A new Wait List for the 2018-2019 school year is created at that time, and the children that did not get placed in a class will be put on that Wait List immediately.
The ECDC does not discriminate on the basis of gender, color, disability, or national or ethnic origin in administration of its admission and educational policies and any other school-administered programs.
St. Peter’s ECDC Immunization Policy.
All students must provide proof of current immunizations to attend our program. The ECDC does not accept the Exemption from Immunizations for Reasons of Conscience Affidavit from the State of Texas.
ECDC Class Schedule 2017–2018
ECDC School Calendar 2017–2018
ECDC Parent Calendar 2017–2018
ECDC Parent Handbook 2017-2018
Fall Family Festival