St. Peter’s Early Childhood Development Center (ECDC) offers developmentally appropriate classes for children ages 15 months through 5 years. The ECDC is licensed by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services and accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
Our program is play based, and classes have low child-to- teacher ratios. Our teachers are dedicated to teaching children in a loving and nurturing environment. Teachers receive annual training to keep current on all aspects of early childhood education.
Our program offers:
- Daily schedules that provide a balance of individual/group activities, active/quiet play, large/small muscle activities, and indoor/outdoor experiences.
- A balance of child-directed and teacher-directed hands-on activities that allow for children to learn by doing.
- Age-appropriate learning centers for art, writing, books, dramatic play/home center, blocks, science, sensory, and manipulative activities.
- Age-appropriate circle time with opportunities for stories, songs, fingerplays, morning message, calendar, and show and tell.
- Music class for all ages.
- Motor skills class for children 22 months and older.
- Spanish class for 4- and 5-year- olds.
- Chapel once a week for 3-, 4- and 5-year- olds.
Our program runs from September through May and follows the Katy ISD school calendar for holidays and bad weather days.
We believe children are a gift from God: special, unique persons valued for their own worth, who are growing and learning at their own pace as they actively relate to our world through play—a child’s work. The ECDC is an outreach ministry of St. Peter’s United Methodist Church.
The ECDC uses The Creative Curriculum, a comprehensive, research-based curriculum that helps teachers implement developmentally appropriate practice to guide learning in literacy, math, science, social studies, and the arts, while also supporting children's social/emotional, cognitive, language, and physical development.
We currently have openings in our 2-day classes for the three and four year olds. If interested please call us during office hours or leave us a message with your child’s name, date of birth, your name, telephone number, and an email address where we may reach you.
We have a Wait List for all other ages and classes for the 2018-2019 school year. If you wish to place your child on the Wait List, please call us during office hours or leave us a message with your child’s name, date of birth, your name, telephone number, and an email address.
You may contact us at 281-492-0623 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Our office hours are 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
The ECDC does not discriminate on the basis of gender, color, disability, or national or ethnic origin in administration of its admission and educational policies and any other school-administered programs.
St. Peter’s ECDC Immunization Policy.
All students must provide proof of current immunizations to attend our program. The ECDC does not accept the Exemption from Immunizations for Reasons of Conscience Affidavit from the State of Texas.
ECDC Class Schedule 2018–2019
ECDC Parent Calendar 2018–2019
ECDC Parent Handbook 2018-2019