Part of our vision at St. Peter’s is to Go out into the world to serve others. We do this through missions in our community, our state, our nation, and our world. We participate in missions as a church and in partnership with other organizations such as U.M. ARMY, Christ Clinic, Hope Impacts, and the Ballard House. Watch for ways you can change lives and share God’s love through service.
5 Mission Ideas in Response to Covid-19:
As St. Peter's continues to monitor the Coronavirus and the impact it is having on our community, here are some ways to help to connect the world with God's love.
1) Please continue to practice safe social distancing. One of the best ways we can show the love of neighbor during this time is by modeling responsible behavior.
2) Whitney, our Care pastor, has reached out to those in our community that are most vulnerable and have been in contact with most of them. As of right now, there are no current needs. If you know of someone in need or have a need in your life, please email Whitney at email@example.com.
3) We want to encourage you to reach out to those people in your life that are older or have underlying medical conditions. In this time of isolation, we believe a phone call or Facetime can help people experience God during this time.
4) The blood bank is in desperate need of blood. If you are healthy and can give blood, please do so! Here is their link: http://www.giveblood.org. Let them know you are with St. Peter's.
5) Meals on Wheels needs help assembling different food packages, as well as delivering food. For more information, please call (713) 533-4900 to get involved, or www. imgh.org.